BRIEF SCOPE OF WORKS
- Runway & Shoulders-2200m
- Apron – 14376SQM
- Passenger Terminal –1200SQM
- Hanger – 2200SQM
- Airport Administrative buildings
- Speed Boat Docking Area
- Passenger Jetty
The project includes construction of a new regional/international airport namely, the Maafaru Airport in Noonu Atoll consisting of a 2200 meter runway, taxiways, Apron with shoulder and Service roads to accommodate and provide all services to the Airbus A320-200.
The project also includes the construction and equipment of a maintenance hangar, speedboat docking hangar, construction of a jetty in order to service adjacent islands and a VIP private jetty; the project also includes construction of the airport administrative buildings.
The airport will be provided with all the necessary safety operational features. The infrastructural preparation such as backfill and levelling, provision of water, electricity and telecommunication service are included in the scope of works.
The Airports hall also be developed to the minimum standard and requirement of Airbus A320–200 and complete Certification processing in accordance with Maldives Civil Aviation Regulation MCARs 13 and security requirements as per MCARs 19 and National Aviation Security Programme conducted by Maldives Aviation Security Command (AVSEC) including domestic operation to cater to existing turboprop aircraft used by local airlines as well as business jets.
- Abu Dhabi Fund for Development
- Regional Airport, Maldives
- Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning and Installation
- 2200 meter runway, taxiways, Apron with shoulder, AGL, NAVAIDS, terminal building, VIP Jetty, Hangar, ATCT, ARFF, Fuel, Support Facilities, and Service roads to accommodate and provide all services to the Airbus A320-200.